Monday, November 2, 2015

Week 3


 
I'm delayed with last week being Halloween. Hope everyone had a fun day and the kids had a ton of fun! 
 
I'm at the infamous "Three Week Stall" everyone in the bariatric world talks about.  I've put on a little over 1 pound.  It's frustrating as hell but totally normal.  I've talked to my doctor about it as well as done my own research.  My body was used to fluids for 4 weeks straight.  The weight fell off like a hooker off a street corner.  And now that I've added foods back in, my body is yelling a giant "WTF"? 
 
There's many factors that go into this.  Fluid retention is a large one.  I've been focusing on this for the past week and making sure I'm getting the 60 oz needed.  Secondly, if you've ever had any kind of abdominal surgery, you know it is hard to get things moving after.  Third, the tricky dance in making sure you're getting enough proteins, calories and carbs without the carbs being too much.  I've been logging into My Fitness Pal (lucydoxie@gmail.com, hit me up if you're a member!) and tracking every bite I take.  Lastly, cheese.  I ADORE cheese.  In fact, I joke that Zoey is part cheese because I ate so much of it when I was pregnant with her.  It just so happens that cheese has a ton of protein and calcium so it makes a fantastic snack.  Except when you eat it every day which leads you back to point # 2. 
 
I started at the gym a couple weeks back and have been pounding away the past week.  I was extremely proud of myself when I walked 2 miles on Saturday in 45 minutes.  It's been a long time since I've done that and I am really happy with how I felt afterwards.  Yesterday I took a Barre class at a local yoga studio.  This is the description from their website:

This low impact high intensity full body workout is designed to tone and lengthen your muscles. Barre utilizes small movements targeting specific muscle groups to change your body. It will leave you with sculpted arms abdominals and thighs as well as increased flexibility.
 
 
The picture from the website is this:
 

Except, I looked nothing like that...  I looked more like this:

 
I'm going to keep at it.  I have to move to lose.  I also have to remember that I didn't put the weight on overnight and it's not going to come off overnight. 
 
Until Thursday.... 
 
Stats:
Starting Weight: 318
Surgery Weight: 300
Current Weight: 290
 
 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment