Friday, April 8, 2016

Week 25



3.2 pounds gone! 
 
I had an appointment with my bariatric doctor on Tuesday.  He's so happy with my progress so far.  He said at this point it is all me losing the weight and no longer the sleeve doing the work for me.  So, that's exciting!  I told him about my love for spin and he's so proud of me!  He spins too so I told him he needs to come to a class with me.  What a hoot that would be! 
 
I've gotten some facebook messages over the past couple weeks asking about the surgery.  For anyone interested, I'll answer them here. 
 
1. Surgery is not for everyone.  Obviously do what you can to lose weight on your own first.  Don't follow any fad diets.  Clean eating and exercise are essential. 
2. No, the surgery was not easy.  I was in pain in the beginning.  There have been times where I've eaten too much of something and I've gotten sick.  This is NOT the easy way out.  I cannot stress that enough. 
3. It takes work.  Your body can only hold so much food at any given time.  You have to make sure those foods count.  Again, CLEAN eating.  Good fats, carbs and high protein.  Do not use the fat free stuff.  Don't go no-carb Your body needs both of these to burn the fat your body.  Drink your liquids.  It's so very important after this surgery to stay hydrated.  So many people I know have gone back to the hospital for dehydration.  It's hard to get all of your water in right after surgery but you have to do the best you can. 
4. Will you lose weight without working out?  Sure.  But you will lose it faster and KEEP IT OFF easier if you workout.  This is the only way you will tone as well.  I'm not saying you have to spin like I do.  Lift weights, go to the mall to walk around, walk in your neighborhood, find a treadmill on craigslist.  DO SOMETHING to MOVE! 
 
 
 
I may sound like a broken record because I have said this before.  It's important though.  It's the only way to be successful.  Regain is a very real thing.  When you hit maintenance you have to leave yourself a few pound variance.  You have to continue to work to keep it off. 
 
Stats:
High Weight: 324
Starting Weight: 318
Surgery Weight: 300
Today's Weight: 235.4
Total Loss: 88.6
 
Until next week.... 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. You word your journey so succinctly. It makes the hard work you put into it all the more inspiring. Thanks, Mary!

    ReplyDelete