Thursday, October 15, 2015

One week post-op


292. One week post-op and I've lost 8 pounds.  That's 26 pounds all together.  I made a comparison to Bill yesterday that Hannah was 24 pounds when she was one year old.  I've lost an entire one year old Hannah.  😀

Healing wise I'm doing well.  I'm sore on my right side.  Getting out of bed a little tough still.  I have to make sure to get up with my knees versus my abs.  The girls have been really good around my belly and making sure they don't hug me the wrong way.  Bill has gone above and beyond with his help.  

My doctor has been great. He's called me three times over the past week to make sure I'm feeling okay.  My success is their success so it makes sense.  If anyone is thinking about this in the slightest, I'd highly recommend them.  E-mail me for details...  Lucydoxie@gmail.com.  

So far my diet has been limited to protein shakes, water, vitamin water zero, sugar free jello and sugar free Popsicles.  I was able to drink chicken broth as well but started gagging on the taste so I out that aside.  

Today my good friend, Tricia, is picking me up to go grocery shopping.  I get to start soup and Greek yogurts today!  I'm so stinking excited!  I'm making tomato basil and butternut squash/Apple.  If I'm successful I'll post the recipes over the weekend.  

I'm making small goals for myself along the way.  My first goal was to be at 290 by Halloween.  With such a large loss to go, small goals are the way to go.  When I get to bigger goals (ex. 50 pounds lost) I'll reward myself with a better fitting shirt, new jeans, etc.  luckily I have smaller clothes to transition into right now.  Along the way I'll likely look at consignment stores or eBay for smaller clothes.  I'm not spending full price on clothes that I won't fit into for a while,  

Okay, im off!  Thank you to everyone for all of your support, I can't do it without you all!  Xoxo!



No comments:

Post a Comment