Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The prep

To prep for surgery I have to be on a liquid diet for two weeks.  TWO WEEKS!  The majority of it is protein shakes.  I can also have non-starchy vegetables, broth, sugar free jell-o and sugar free/calorie free drinks.  I found this Protein Powder from Target that isn't too bad.

The goal is to have 5-6 shakes per day.  I can also have the pre-made Special K Protein drink.  The only restriction on any of these drinks is the first ingredient has to be Whey Protein. 

The first few days were hard.  I was grumpy and hungry.  I kind of felt bad for Bill and the kids.  By now I think my body has acclimated to the new diet.  I seem to have a little bit more energy which is odd for not having much to eat. 

I'm also preparing emotionally.  This is a BIG change.  One that I'm ready for but I'm also nervous.  It's surgery, after all and with any surgery comes some risks.  I get pretty sick from anestesia and I'm not looking forward to that right after abdominal surgery. 

I saw this little guy on Etsy last week and am going to get him.  :-)

Next weigh in comes on Thursday...  stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment